Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initiative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!


I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: I help people when they need me, I am doing the right thing.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: I put the must dos first on my I time chart. I follow my time chart in order so I am doing the right thing.

It was really hard: to do the right thing all the time. Sometimes I don't know what to do.

Kerri Thinks
What great thinking to make sure you have done the must dos before the can dos. That will help your learning and you are showing leadership by doing the right thing. It can be tricky to show initiative when you are not sure what the right thing to do is. My advice is to slow down and think... what choice makes sense? perhaps you could ask a friend to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment