Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read

How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because: it helps me to think about what I am reading. It helps to think about what might happen in the story.

It was really hard when: I don't change my i time so I don't have can dos at the start and must dos last.

Something that really helped me was: word work because it can make me get better at the spelling word 

Something new I learned was: I share my ideas with other friends because I'm a kind boy. I learned that thinking about what will happen next helps me to understand my reading.

Kerri Thinks
Talking and thiking before you start reading helps your brain to get ready for the story so that when you read it makes sense. Remember to use what you know to help you work out tricky words. We have talked about: reading on and reading back, looking for parts in the word that you know and thinking about the story. With support you can use all of these strategies.. you need to have a go by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment